Monday, January 22, 2007

Ready for the big time?

So, I practiced color work by making the We Call Them Pirates hat. Do you think I'm ready for this?:


It's sweater 10208 from Dale baby book #102. I've cast on, but haven't made it out of the ribbing yet. With the lightweight yarn and the leeeetle needles, it sure is a long way around!

I'm using Dale Baby Ull in a Royal Blue and a Light Gray. I had a hard time with the swatch, because in the chart the symbol for the light color is darker than the symbol for the dark color, and I just couldn't wrap my poor dyslexic brain around it. So, I recharted it using Excel. I resized the cells to the right proportions and colored them in with blue and gray. From then on it was a lot easier. It printed out a lot larger than the chart in the book, and that helped a lot, too! Also on the needles, Falling Leaves Socks from Knitty, in Lorna's Laces Shepard Socks color Ravenswood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! You're crazy! No...you're brave! No, I changed my mind again. You're crazy! It is gorgeous! Have fun...I'll be perfectly content to watch from a distance!