Sunday, January 07, 2007

Lace and ADD Don't Mix

So, I've started the Mountain Stream scarf three times and ripped it out three times. As a card-carrying person with ADD and someone who can't even end a k1, sl1 row on the right stitch, maybe I shouldn't be doing this. I've put it aside for now, and during the quiet evenings of late January, I'll try it again.

In other news, I've obviously forgotten to post for a long time. First, there was this: I did it! It's nothing anyone would ever want to read, but it sure was fun!

Then there were three visits to the mountains of Western North Carolina (and my grandson, of course!); a very welcome visit from my mom; and a totally unwelcome visit from a mouse. The latter sent me into a cleaning frenzy. I scrubbed and relined every drawer and every shelf of every cabinet in my kitchen; and I washed everything they contained in hot, soapy bleach water. Except for my dishtowels and dishcloths. That was the drawer where the mouse met his untimely end. I threw out all my kitchen linens and bought new ones. Fortunately, none were handmade.

Then there were the standard Christmas activities and the standard year end activities.

Anyway, all that kept me busy. I did try to knit a pair of Jaywalkers from some Lana Grossa in a colorway that reminded me of Japanese Maples in the fall; but somehow it was not a good mix of pattern and yarn. My brother asked me tactfully if I had any blind friends to give them to. They look a lot better in the picture than in person.

Also, I think I misread the pattern. The ankle is too tight and the foot is too loose. I'll frog it and maybe try just a pain ribbed sock.

I'm having better luck with the Broadripple pattern. I love the pattern, I love the fit, and I love the yarn. It's sproingy!

So there, I posted... and will try to get back into the habit.

No comments: