Saturday, February 23, 2008

Also Done!

Finished Project! Here is the lovely Aurora, modeling her completed Ice Queen. This was a very fun knit, and I am very happy with how it turned out. So, while visiting Boone, NC, I went to Laura’s Yarn-Tastic and bought yarn for Ice Queens for my other 2 daughters.
And some aptly-named Miss Babs Yummy SuperWash Sock and Baby Yarn in the Mallard colorway.
Then, before I could cast on for another Ice Queen I was distracted by all the lovely pictures of the Seraphina Shawl on Ravelry. Before I knew it this happened: I hadn’t crocheted in years, but it all came back to me as soon as I picked up a hook. This is James C. Brett “Marble” Acrylic DK weight yarn, color MT9 (variegated dark reds), picked for its smooshiness and machine washability. This is going to be the shawl I leave at work for those days when I just can’t get warm. And, at the pace I’m going I’ll be all done and ready to cast on another Ice Queen before the weekend is over.

No comments: