Sunday, June 18, 2006

Fidget Blogs

Hi, I'm Fidget. I'm a twelve-year-old girl trapped in a middle-aged, frumpy body. My favorite things, in no particular order, are mountain biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking, anything else that makes me yell "WAHOO", and needlework.

Needlework? OK, so, I have multiple personalities. The twelve-year-old is in charge most of the time, but the ninety-year-old granny comes out a lot too, especially in the evenings. Besides, needlework helps the twelve-year-old sit still.

I have tried and enjoy most types of needlework, but my favorites are knitting and quilting. I have wanted a knitting blog for a while because:

1. I like to write.
2. You can't talk about knitting with non-knitters. I have some friends who quilt, so I get to talk about quilting, but sometimes I just wanna talk knitting.
3. My quilting projects are large and hard to loose. But I sometimes put a knitting project down somewhere and get busy with other things, and before I know it I forget all about it. (I'm twelve, remember. Out of sight, out of mind.) I find it months later... In one case, years later... And think "Oh wow! I could've been wearing this!" So a blog and an "In Progress" list should help. If I can remember to blog.

So, here's my first post. If it works I'll post again!

No comments: