Saturday, August 26, 2006

Sari Silliness

There is still more quilting than knitting going on here, and I think even my subconscious is missing the knitting. Last night I dreamed that I had a set of magic needles; and skein after skein of beautiful, soft, merino/cashmere in variegated shades of dark red. The needles were circulars, about 4 feet long, and when I had cast on about a million stitches; I got them started knitting and sort of hung them in the air, and walked off. When I returned later, they had knit me a long, long sari.

Now, being short and plump, I don't think a sari would be the most flattering thing for me to wear. (The words "Burrito Supreme" come to mind). But wouldn't it feel wonderful to wear a cashmere Sari?

1 comment:

KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

Too cool!! What a great dream Sue